Homerton College Sports Pitches – Guidance to use.
Located to the north of Long Road between the railway line and guided bus route. The post code is CB2 8PX. Sports fields are accessed via sharp turn off of Long Road bridge, look out for the signage.
The keys are at the Porters Lodge and can only be signed out by one of the people on the list at the Plodge. This person is responsible for ensuring the following:
Ensure you take the below with you (all at Porters Lodge):
· HUS first aid kit
· Bucket(s) and sanitiser wipes for cleaning hands and equipment
· Your equipment – rackets, balls, cones, bibs
You should have also completed a risk assessment for your activity approved by the Assistant Bursar and ensure you have a qualified first aider in attendance.
The entrance gates have a large lock which you will have a key for.
Bike racks are available by the side of the pavilion.
The pavilion is not currently available for use but there will be a toilet facility available that you will also have a key to unlock.
Arrive changed and ready to play as no changing facilities are currently available.
There are two sets of floodlights: Those to the right of the hockey pitch turn on the two sets of lights for hockey and the bollards – at night these latter should be turned on. The second set is next to the rugby/football pitch and turn on the two sets of lights of the rugby/football pitch and the tennis/netball courts.
On leaving make sure of the following:
· All gates to pitches are closed;
· rubbish is taken away with you;
· toilet doors are closed and locked;
· Lights are switched off
· The main gate is closed and locked.
Return keys back to the porters lodge straight away so they can be signed back in.
Lastly remember and brief all attendees including your opposition on the following:
· Don’t come to the grounds if you have any symptoms of Covid. Leave immediately if you develop any symptoms whilst at the Sports Fields.
· Wear appropriate footwear (no blades or studs) and make sure you do not take dirt onto the pitches;
· Follow the appropriate NGB playing and training protocols;
· Maintain social distancing where possible at all times;
· Sanitise/wash all shared equipment and your hands frequently;
· Keep a list of all attendees for 21 days in case required for track and trace;
· Keep off the newly seeded grass.