You may book the MCR as a study space for up to 6 people, or up to 2 households.
Protocols for use of MCR:
- No furniture is to be moved from its current organisation.
- Those who wish to use the MCR should book using the following booking sheet.
- Cleaning equipment will be provided for each of the three spaces.
- Maximum 6 people, or 2 households.
Entrance is restricted to postgraduate members of Homerton College.
Housekeeping will clean daily 7am-8am – there should be no students in the room during this period. Housekeeping will also ensure there are sufficient cleaning materials so that the area can be kept clean in between sessions. The toilets will be cleaned twice a day.
The kitchen should not be used.
- Ventilation – ensure the MCR is consistently well ventilated by opening windows and doors and particular after higher activity
- Wearing of facemasks – as a communal area face coverings should be worn at all times except when outside or eating and drinking
- Promote the regular washing or sanitizing of hands
- Keep all surfaces cleaned and wiped down with sanitiser spray
- Avoid sharing any utensils or equipment – If sharing utensils and equipment is unavoidable use anti-bacterial wipes before and after using them
- There is unfortunately only one entrance and exit. Users are advised to wait until the door area is clear before using it. You are not to pass each on the ramp.
We will review these procedures during term to ensure that they continue to be appropriate to the circumstances and guidelines at the time.
The MCR can be used under the following conditions:
- Do not come to the MCR if you have any COVID-19 symptoms
- Use the MCR booking system to record your use of the MCR. People must book its use in advance.
- Maximum 6 people, or 2 households at any one time.
- All touchpoints – light switches, chairs, tables, handles- to be cleaned with anti-viral spray before and after use.
- Hands are to be sanitized using hand gel upon entry into the MCR.
- Windows should opened upon entry (handles should be cleaned before and after use)
- Masks are to be worn at all times.
- Particular care should be taken with wiping down when sitting on sofas as they are harder to protect
- Regular use should be made of hand sanitizer and washing facilities.
- Care should be taken while moving around inside the building to maintain distance, e.g. when using the toilets.
- The kitchen is not to be used
- There should be no sharing of any equipment or utensils you have bought or found in the MCR